Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween protection

Monday afternoon my youngest daughter came home from school asking if we had any garlic to protect her from vampires. I told her that we had some garlic but that she didn't need it because she had Jesus to keep her safe. She instisted that she also needed the garlic, so I allowed her to put a head of garlic on her dresser. When she woke up this morning, she told me that she slept really good last night, because Jesus and the garlic kept her safe.


How often do we rely on things of this world, when all that we need is our Heavenly Father? My prayer this morning is a stronger desire for Christ and comfort when we need it.


1 comment:

Shawn's Journey said...

ummm, very good point. I do that alot, and I think most of us do it as well. How do you overcome that... unbelief? That's a good point.