Wednesday, April 2, 2008

meal planning made easy

I wanted to let all of you out there know about a way that I have found to save a little money. I have started planning weekly meals. This process can be tedious . One way I found to make it easier is by using several web programs for help. The first is free it is www.mealsforyou.com . This one allows you to search through meals or recipes and then print up a shopping list, recipes and save the ones you like. Also it has diet friendly recipes and you can search by ingredient. Nutritional info. is included. The next I like is e-mealz.com This one is base on diet, family size and sales at local grocery stores. Meal plans are not custom but the recipes, meal plans and grocery lists are printable. It provides 7 complete dinners. I save the plan each week and if there is a meal I don't like, exchanging is easy. The grocery list is numbered to go with each meal so that any ingredients you don't need are easily eliminated. This one is not free but it is only $15 for 3 months. The grocery cost is kept to $75 for 4-6 people and $35 for 2 people. I usually have food left over for lunch the next day. This type of planning helps so much with my grocery budget and I find that I am only going to the grocery store once a week. Time saved, money saved what more can you ask for! If any of you out there have great resources for meal planning or recipes please let me know. I can use all the help I can get:-)
Kira

No comments: